BREAKING: Packers IR Davon House and Sign Bashaud Breeland

MAJOR UPGRADE:

Breeland was about to be signed by the Packers this spring but signed with the Panthers at the last minute. At that time he failed his physical and has not been cleared until now! Now he is signing with the Packers!

In the abstract this move in isolation is a good one. Breeland is 26 and had better coverage skill than House. I thought House was a mistake and anytime a gm admits by a move like this he deserves credit.

My concern remain they can’t generate a pass rush. But if the two young corners continue to get better and King can get healthy and stay healthy it would be a big plus. But the horrid safety play and no pass rush are a problem. At some point Pettine probably needs to get out of the booth and on the sideline and cut some of the Chinese firedrill antics on the SL with the coaches out.

The other area of concern is Rodgers knee, he is getting hit way too much. They have to speed it up and keep him upright if he has any chance of making it through the season.

My concern is the pass rushers are holding back because they are scared of the yellow. Look at Daniels hugging Cousins for long enough to blow the whistle for a sack and the refs refused to, Then he thinks they did and lets him go and Cousins gets a first down.

If the gb is going down and throws it is no flag, if he is tackled and landed on it draws a flag. Text book tackles, even QBs are admitting are drawing flags. It is completely idiotic. Keep in mind Murphy is an influential member of the competition committee. I think Matthews is really hitting the wall, but the call in Washington was insane . I think Clarke has played very well. While he didn’t do a lot wrong Wilkerson didn’t add the rush we thought. Now you are right in worrying about the rush and I would add stopping the run. Lots of numbers to suggest like Capers, Pettine right now doesn’t trust his back end. I believe the young corners if healthy will get better as time passes. I think Breeland helps too, but thinks the two S are getting it done. I think MM is in love with Brice speed, but think Dix is not getting it done and Brice is a hot mess with no idea what he is doing.