Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moving back to WI

Moving back to WI
September 27, 2010 04:41PM
Well I've taken a great job offer in Madison, WI... so I'm heading back up to God's Country!!! I'm pretty excited to say the least, though I will miss the St. Louis area.

“After the cheers have died down and the stadium is empty, after the headlines have been written and after you are back in the quiet of your room and the championship ring has been placed on the dresser and all the pomp and fanfare has faded, the enduring things that are left are: the dedication to excellence, the dedication to victory, and the dedication to doing with our lives the very best we can to make the world a better place in which to live."

Vince Lombardi
Re: Moving back to WI
September 27, 2010 11:04PM
I live in Madison...if you need any recommendations on anything, let me know!

"We must believe in luck - for how else can we explain the success of those we don't like."-Jean Cocteau
September 28, 2010 09:55AM
Sweet thank you!

“After the cheers have died down and the stadium is empty, after the headlines have been written and after you are back in the quiet of your room and the championship ring has been placed on the dresser and all the pomp and fanfare has faded, the enduring things that are left are: the dedication to excellence, the dedication to victory, and the dedication to doing with our lives the very best we can to make the world a better place in which to live."

Vince Lombardi
September 28, 2010 08:43PM
Packer487
I live in Madison...if you need any recommendations on anything, let me know!

Not to hijack the thread...but how was the traffic in Madison today with Obama in town? I was in the Waunakee area most of the day (as I am everyday) and did not notice anything out of the ordinary.

"And Tim Tebow just proved he's for real"

It's not MM's fault
September 28, 2010 09:23PM
I live on the far west side and work in Verona, so I wasn't going anywhere near downtown!

"We must believe in luck - for how else can we explain the success of those we don't like."-Jean Cocteau
September 28, 2010 05:36PM
Funny, I am heading back as well. La Crosse not Madison and I won't miss South Florida one bit, actually looking forward to winter. Will be nice to finally get to use my Packer gold season tickets. smiling smiley

Good luck in Madison, great city, I was looking there for a job as well but am thrilled to go home to La Crosse.
January 17, 2011 08:58PM
You a swamper or a south sider?
January 20, 2011 10:14AM
Ah, good old LaCrosse...

11th and Vine and 16th and King were my stomping grounds. 3rd Street.....good times smiling smiley

"It's time to separate the wheat from the chaff, the men from the boys, the awkwardly feminine from the possibly Canadian."
--Cotton McKnight