Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Rodgers at the Derby

Rodgers at the Derby
May 02, 2010 03:13PM
You knew he wouldn't miss a chance to put on a cute hat!

"We must believe in luck - for how else can we explain the success of those we don't like."-Jean Cocteau
May 02, 2010 03:24PM
Best laugh I've had since the draft. Oh, and he is surrounded by boozin', gamblin', hat-wearin' sinners on a SUNDAY? Is he Packer People? Shouldn't he be in church or studying film or throwing jerseys to adoring fans? *gasp*!

PS: Where is his beard? smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2010 03:29PM by slank04.
May 02, 2010 07:37PM
Don't they run the Derby on Saturday? smiling smiley
May 02, 2010 08:13PM
Indeed! LOL
May 02, 2010 08:15PM
FloridaPacker
Don't they run the Derby on Saturday? smiling smiley

Don't let the facts get in the way of a perfectly good insult. Ever notice the same guys who take up for Favre the most are the first to insult Rodgers even if there's no reason to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2010 08:16PM by caddis.
May 02, 2010 08:51PM
Actually, I was insulting the chucklebutted notion of Packer People, though Aaron's hat collection IS rather precious, and I've openly admired them since his first post-game pressers in 2008. Snappy dresser that he is, I bet he spends a lot of time in the closet!

But yes, I made the unforgivable error of mixing up a date. Of course, I owned up to it immediately -- pretty rare occurrence for SOME members here...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2010 08:54PM by slank04.
May 02, 2010 09:18PM
Do you really think messing up the day had anything to do with the post?
May 02, 2010 09:31PM
Um...you referenced facts in your post. The only factual error is the mixup of days, so maybe I'm not understanding you? Are you saying that my post and pack487's post contain other factual errors? Because the posts aren't exactly reportage, caddis.

Summary: Aaron likes hats. Lots of different varieties of fashionable hats. Fun has been had over that fact. Pack487 notes the beautiful irony of Aaron attending the Derby -- an event known for fancy hats (usually for the ladies but not always)...etc. Good grief, I'm not participating in whatever you are doing here. Argue the definition of "is" with somebody else. I'm enjoying the high comedy Pack487 offered here!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2010 09:46PM by slank04.
May 03, 2010 01:54AM
Aaron likes hats and you like insults. You have been insulting Rodgers since the day he was drafted. It was easy when he was a backup who never saw the field. The last 2 seasons have been an inconvenience to your theory that Rodgers was a wasted draft pick so you resort to backhanded insults like fashion critiques or calling him a numbers QB.
May 03, 2010 10:01AM
Talk about convenience! Quite a singular view of my opinion of Rodgers. Rodgers inspired no confidence as a backup -- each time he hit the field, he was on IR in a matter of days. But I was supposed to drink the kook-aid. And I remain concerned that Rodgers is a numbers QB. I'm waiting and seeing about Rodgers as a quarterback though Ive given him plenty of kudos as he shows improvement. The inconvenient fact is that I've complimented him far more than cracked wise about his cute hat collection or criticized his passing abilities. That you refuse to acknowledge it says far more about you than me.

Apparently Aaron is still beyond criticism or wise cracks around here. What a band of hypocrites!
May 03, 2010 12:02PM
slank04
Talk about convenience! Quite a singular view of my opinion of Rodgers. Rodgers inspired no confidence as a backup -- each time he hit the field, he was on IR in a matter of days. But I was supposed to drink the kook-aid. And I remain concerned that Rodgers is a numbers QB. I'm waiting and seeing about Rodgers as a quarterback though Ive given him plenty of kudos as he shows improvement. The inconvenient fact is that I've complimented him far more than cracked wise about his cute hat collection or criticized his passing abilities. That you refuse to acknowledge it says far more about you than me.

Apparently Aaron is still beyond criticism or wise cracks around here. What a band of hypocrites!

Couple of questions here:

(1) Rodgers as a numbers QB? Based on the fact that Favre only won one ring, wouldn't he also be considered just a numbers QB as well? Or does that one championship absolve him of that label? Is Marino a numbers QB?

(2) I'm assuming based on your closet remark that you think Rodgers is gay and you are using this as an insult correct? (I don't know why else you would be making this comment)
May 03, 2010 01:45PM
For being gay, he has one hot girlfreind. But I veiwed it as the same insult.
May 04, 2010 09:21AM
Yeah, I'm curious to see if he responds to my questions. . .
May 04, 2010 01:31PM
Feel free to read the response and dig around the archive for my posts on the subjects. I'm the last person to run away from my posts.

Good luck.
May 04, 2010 01:27PM
mrgreen
slank04

Couple of questions here:

(1) Rodgers as a numbers QB? Based on the fact that Favre only won one ring, wouldn't he also be considered just a numbers QB as well? Or does that one championship absolve him of that label? Is Marino a numbers QB?

(2) I'm assuming based on your closet remark that you think Rodgers is gay and you are using this as an insult correct? (I don't know why else you would be making this comment)

Hmm...strange questions. Here goes!

(1) My opinion of Rodgers as a "numbers QB" grows out of my opinion of him as a good passer but not much of a quarterback. That is, I've viewed him as a technician playing a position, not a guy who decisively leads an offensive unit (or a team) down the field, makes average or even subpar players around him better (or look better), and inspires confidence in our coaches while inspiring fear in opposing teams and coaches. He improved in this area during the last half of the 2009 season and I acknowledged as much. My statements regarding this have always been hopeful re: Rodgers's improvement, and I remain excited to see how the kid grows into the QB position as a leader, not a technician. The comparison's you ask me to make are completely absurd. Favre and Marino have great numbers, are great quarterbacks, and are Hall of Fame legends. Aaron Rodgers can't hold either player's jock regardless of the type of QB any of them are. Not yet anyway. I'm sure there are a few stretches one can make in trying such comparisons, but I have yet to see anything that really makes sense. Oh, and a minor correction to your statement "Favre only won one ring..." Actually, Favre has won only one ring so far.

(2) I said aaron spends lots of time in the closet because he seems so very concerned about his clothes and hats. If I'm not mistaken, he is friendly with a SI swimsuit model. That doesn't make him straight or gay, but I don't pretend to know if he's more into his roommate (with whom he was many deep conversations about things outside of football), or his SI swimsuit model. Maybe he's bi? Maybe he likes cheese, too? Who cares and how is it relevant to anything?! Interesting where your mind (and apparently others, too) went with such an innocent statement! I dismiss homophobia as a problem of ignorance but hate homophobes just as I hate racists. They are just arrogant bullies (and maybe a little scared of their own sexual preferences?). Can't a man take care of his appearance, wear fancy hats and clothes (which obviously requires spending lots of time in the closet) -- all while dating a swimsuit model -- without ignorant chucklebutts assuming he is gay or bi? Good grief, how did your mind take you to that conclusion? Well at least I know who I am dealing with. Just a bizarre conclusion. I enjoy poking fun at Aaron's need to wear fancy hats etc., but only because I'd rather he paid more attention to his game than to his fancy hats. If you bothered to search my posts on the subject, you would have known that. But wow, what if it turns out that he's gay? He obviously couldn't be openly gay in the NFL, but what about later on?! I'll still care not in the least.

I also call him Mopey. I suppose you and others are going to call that an insult and claim that I'm suggesting that he's a dwarf? PURE GENIUS boys! Keep 'em coming! LOL

For the record, I feel dumber for bothering to dignify your post with an answer but wrote too much to delete it all at this point!
May 04, 2010 09:34PM
(1) My opinion of Rodgers as a "numbers QB" grows out of my opinion of him as a good passer but not much of a quarterback. That is, I've viewed him as a technician playing a position, not a guy who decisively leads an offensive unit (or a team) down the field, makes average or even subpar players around him better (or look better), and inspires confidence in our coaches while inspiring fear in opposing teams and coaches. He improved in this area during the last half of the 2009 season and I acknowledged as much. My statements regarding this have always been hopeful re: Rodgers's improvement, and I remain excited to see how the kid grows into the QB position as a leader, not a technician.

The kid just finished his second year in the league. What was your opinion of Favre after year 2? Or were you convinced that he was the second coming of christ at that point already? The last game of the season, I saw a second year QB down 35-10 with less than a quarter and a half of football to go in his FIRST playoff game lead his team back. He put that team on his back and brought them back from a game in which they were getting thier asses handed to them. I think that our coaches are pretty confident about his abilities and I would argue that most coaches in the league feel the same way about him. And Rodgers appeared to put the fear into that safety for Arizona, he seemed pretty complimentary to me after that playoff game.

The comparison's you ask me to make are completely absurd. Favre and Marino have great numbers, are great quarterbacks, and are Hall of Fame legends. Aaron Rodgers can't hold either player's jock regardless of the type of QB any of them are. Not yet anyway. I'm sure there are a few stretches one can make in trying such comparisons, but I have yet to see anything that really makes sense.

Well then I argue that your premature label of Rodgers as a numbers QB is absurd. Again, were you convinced that Favre was the greatest of all time after his second year?

As someone else pointed out on here, you have been all over Rodgers since he was drafted. But let's be honest here: this is basically all about the fact that (a) Favre is your hero and (b) you hate TT and MM for doing what was right and (c) you don't like Rodgers because he took your boys "spot" on the team after he "retired" for the first time.

Oh, and a minor correction to your statement "Favre only won one ring..." Actually, Favre has won only one ring so far.

Well, I'll stand by my statement, as a matter of fact I would put good money on Favre not winning another one (of course he will have another chance because we know that he's coming back). I've watched him long enough to know that he can't get it done anymore. He'll get you right there, but then he'll just do what he always does. . .

(2) I said aaron spends lots of time in the closet because he seems so very concerned about his clothes and hats. If I'm not mistaken, he is friendly with a SI swimsuit model. That doesn't make him straight or gay, but I don't pretend to know if he's more into his roommate (with whom he was many deep conversations about things outside of football), or his SI swimsuit model. Maybe he's bi? Maybe he likes cheese, too? Who cares and how is it relevant to anything?! Interesting where your mind (and apparently others, too) went with such an innocent statement!

Seriously? Going to play ignorant here huh? I'm not the only poster who saw right through your thinly veiled homosexual reference insult. I've seen you do the same thing on other threads as well. Here's another gem from you:

"I guess I wish our GM had some comfort wooing players. Given his reputation, surely he has some kneepads of his own?"

I dismiss homophobia as a problem of ignorance but hate homophobes just as I hate racists. They are just arrogant bullies (and maybe a little scared of their own sexual preferences?). Can't a man take care of his appearance, wear fancy hats and clothes (which obviously requires spending lots of time in the closet) -- all while dating a swimsuit model -- without ignorant chucklebutts assuming he is gay or bi? Good grief, how did your mind take you to that conclusion? Well at least I know who I am dealing with. Just a bizarre conclusion. I enjoy poking fun at Aaron's need to wear fancy hats etc., but only because I'd rather he paid more attention to his game than to his fancy hats. If you bothered to search my posts on the subject, you would have known that. But wow, what if it turns out that he's gay? He obviously couldn't be openly gay in the NFL, but what about later on?! I'll still care not in the least. I also call him Mopey. I suppose you and others are going to call that an insult and claim that I'm suggesting that he's a dwarf? PURE GENIUS boys! Keep 'em coming!

Well I honestly hope that you hold the opinion stated above, that means that you aren't a total dink. However it does show that you are very third grade in your ways of insulting Rodgers because he threatens you are your boy's legacy. I mean, your sig alone says it all. I doubt anyone else on here is buying into you playing dumb here on this topic, but by all means, keep on doing what you are doing.

For the record, I feel dumber for bothering to dignify your post with an answer but wrote too much to delete it all at this point!

So just out of curiosity, do you feel even dumber for sending another post 4 minutes after the first post telling me to go back and research your previous posts? lol. . .
May 04, 2010 10:18PM
Wow. It's clear that you didn't bother to read my post, much less take it as my honest opinion, so Ill really really gave to consider the novel and interesting responses you provided.

Thanks for sharing your opinions with me. I found it to be time well spent.
May 05, 2010 07:45AM
Wow. It's clear that you didn't bother to read my post, much less take it as my honest opinion, so Ill really really gave to consider the novel and interesting responses you provided.

um. . . I'm not exactly sure what this means, but OK. . .

Thanks for sharing your opinions with me. I found it to be time well spent.

Pretty much the response that I expected from you. My apologies for calling you out for acting like a total douche, carry on. . .
May 02, 2010 03:55PM
I could use something like that! smiling smiley
Landry-esque . . . don't be surprised if it catches on.

"Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."
"If you can accept losing, you can't win."
Vince Lombardi

This World is Not My Home
May 02, 2010 04:47PM
The guy loves being in front of the camera.

"And Tim Tebow just proved he's for real"

It's not MM's fault