Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Update II On Dante (Good)

Update II On Dante (Good)
December 28, 2009 09:47PM
Dante is a big Packer fan, and I called the Mark Murphy's office, and his secretary put me through to someone in community outreach. I told her the story, and they are sending an autographed football, along with a "care package" for Dante to my house. I will bring it to him on Thursday. Here's the really cool part of this story. I went to visit my dad who is rehabbing from hip replacement surgery, and there is a Monday night Packer show in Wausau (Monday Night Pack Attack). I knew Jermichael Finley would be there, and the local sports guy who runs the show did a spot on my summer school Packer class this past summer. I talked to him, and he not only got Jermichael to autograph a Packer book (for kids), he even personalized it for Dante, and wished him well. And while I was waiting, before the show, the sports guy (Bryon Graff- Channel 9-Wausau) came over and handed me an autographed Packer hat (Greg Jennings)! I am going to give this to Dante tomorrow, and will go with his classroom teacher on Thursday to deliver the Packer care package to Dante. Wow, I am so grateful to have this opportunity!

Re: Update II On Dante (Good)
December 29, 2009 03:05PM
Very nice of you and the Packer's organization. How is he doing otherwise? What a heart breaking situation.
Have you ever heard of a movie called Miracle of the Cards? Similar situation. Our family watched this just a few weeks ago. See [www.christiananswers.net]

"Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."
"If you can accept losing, you can't win."
Vince Lombardi

This World is Not My Home

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2009 03:07PM by MikeOulu.
Just Got Back From Visiting Him
December 29, 2009 05:36PM
Me and another teacher went. His mom and aunt were there. He was conscious, and knew we were there, and who we were. Also, he was trying to talk, and heard some of what we said, and responded to it. he even said "Hi" and Bye" and :"Miss you too." I have him the autographed (personalized) children's book (Jermichael Finley) and the Greg Jennings autographed hat. He liked that and smiled. Made my day. I gave his mom a hug and said a lot of love was being sent his way, as well as prayers from around the country. She showed me a picture of the brain tumor. It was huge. They won't know if the chemo shrunk it or not for a couple of weeks yet. It is inoperable, no matter what happens with the tumor. His mom is a very strong woman, and the family is very supportive. His classroom teacher will visit him on Thursday, and I will give him the Packer care package so he can give it to Dante. I think I might go again on Thursday also. It was good to see him, and good to hold his hand and good to tell him and his mom directly that we love them both very much. Thank you Mike for your reply. I will check out that movie/link.

Ding

Re: Just Got Back From Visiting Him
December 29, 2009 11:18PM
That is heart-wrenching Dinger! Miracles happen every day, and hopefully a big one gets sent his way! My thoughts and prayers are with him.

Thank You Razpod
December 30, 2009 06:45AM
And thank you everyone else. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated and needed.