Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 10 ten sports movies of all time!

10 ten sports movies of all time!
September 12, 2009 10:31AM
Here is a list of the Top 10 Sports Movies of All Time a friend of mine sent me:

[www.associatedcontent.com]

So what do you think? Have at it!

Use the Packers official internet search engine instead of Google & win free prizes from the Packers. Click on the icon for more info:

September 12, 2009 11:15AM
Eight Men Out and Bull Durham I agree with certainly. Where is the Miracle on Ice movie?

"And Tim Tebow just proved he's for real"

It's not MM's fault
September 13, 2009 05:11PM
Agree on Miracle. And how about some football?? No Remember the Titans? No Rudy?

September 30, 2009 09:06PM
1) Mystery, Alaska -- I won't bend on this.
2) Remember The Titans
3) Miracle
4) A League of Their Own
5) The Sandlot
6) The Mighty Ducks
7) Baseketball
8) Major League
9) Happy Gilmore
10) Days of Thunder

And yes, I fully realize I'm leaving off a lot of classics: Caddyshack, Rocky, Driven........

"We must believe in luck - for how else can we explain the success of those we don't like."-Jean Cocteau
February 03, 2010 06:18PM
I like Raging Bull, Breaking Away, and Rocky from his list and Mystery, League of their Own, The Sandlot, Remember the Titans, Mighty Ducks, and Major League from yours. I don't know if I could get to a top ten list but here's some others that came to mind:

Brian's Song (James Caan version)
Hoosiers
Radio
Cinderella Man
Tin Cup
Bad News Bears
The Natural
Field of Dreams

And the most recent......The Blind Side.
Where The Hell Is Rudy?????
October 19, 2009 10:37PM
Cripes, that's obvious!

Rudy and Hoosiers
April 28, 2012 01:31PM
I don't care about the rest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2012 01:31PM by Dinger.
December 29, 2009 12:04AM
Bull Durham is grossly overrated. However, there's another film written by the same guy who directed Bull Durham (Ron Shelton) that I've always had a soft spot for, even though it's a pretty cornball movie. Does anybody remember "The Best of Times", with Robin Williams and Kurt Russell? I love that show and I always watch at least some of it when I come across it on cable TV.
May 01, 2012 05:39AM
Overall, I'm not impressed by the names people are throwing around. If you are going to include Major League,the Mighty Ducks et al then why not Slap Shot, the Longest Yard (the original) and Better Off Dead.