Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: connectivity issues

connectivity issues
October 20, 2009 05:43PM
I know we mentioned some issues a week or 2 ago. I'm still experiencing slowness in loading the pages and quite often I get the following error.

408 Request Time-out
This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server
LiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site!

I use:

Windows XP Home
Internet Explorer 8
DirectX 9.0c
Quest DSL 1.5/768

“I feel like I’ve done this long enough (that) I don’t rank them,” McCarthy replied when asked where the win ranked in his five-year tenure. “We’re going to have bigger wins than this in my time in Green Bay. You can trust me on that." --After beating the Jets who had the best record in the NFL. The Packers went on to win the Superbowl.
October 27, 2009 10:03PM
Sorry for the delay. I've unfortunately been very busy with school obligations.

I've not seen any issues with the forum myself, though I admit I have not been checking on it very frequently. Usually only once or twice per day. I am trying to keep an eye on server load and such, which I would think to be the most likely problem with 408 errors being generated (These should not be caused on the client side, so while I greatly appreciate you providing the information to help diagnose the problem, it's not useful in this situation). I have not seen any noticeable cause for concern there. The site is hosted in a shared environment, so there is the possibility that other users could occasionally cause brief overloads that would generate a problem. While the host usually does an excellent job with managing load on their servers, issues can arise because of abusive customers or for other reasons. If this is the case, it would be helpful to know what time the problems occur and such in order to track down the issue more specifically.

If you continue to have issues, please post them. Any information you have regarding times when a problem occurs, specific problems, etc., would be very helpful to figure out what's going on.

Ray Tetzloff
The Packer Wire Administrator/Webmaster
November 02, 2009 09:11AM
rtetzloff
Sorry for the delay. I've unfortunately been very busy with school obligations.

I've not seen any issues with the forum myself, though I admit I have not been checking on it very frequently. Usually only once or twice per day. I am trying to keep an eye on server load and such, which I would think to be the most likely problem with 408 errors being generated (These should not be caused on the client side, so while I greatly appreciate you providing the information to help diagnose the problem, it's not useful in this situation). I have not seen any noticeable cause for concern there. The site is hosted in a shared environment, so there is the possibility that other users could occasionally cause brief overloads that would generate a problem. While the host usually does an excellent job with managing load on their servers, issues can arise because of abusive customers or for other reasons. If this is the case, it would be helpful to know what time the problems occur and such in order to track down the issue more specifically.

If you continue to have issues, please post them. Any information you have regarding times when a problem occurs, specific problems, etc., would be very helpful to figure out what's going on.

testing qoute feature. sorry.
December 23, 2009 11:27AM
I haven't gotten the 408 error in a while, but I do still experience very slow loading pages and occassional time outs from IE8. It is intermittent. Things will be fine for a while and then bad for a while. I'll try to generate a log for you.

“I feel like I’ve done this long enough (that) I don’t rank them,” McCarthy replied when asked where the win ranked in his five-year tenure. “We’re going to have bigger wins than this in my time in Green Bay. You can trust me on that." --After beating the Jets who had the best record in the NFL. The Packers went on to win the Superbowl.