Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: There is One General Line that really could be added to strenghten it.

Question regarding Terms of Service
January 15, 2009 09:13PM
What was the service agreement change that I just had to check mark before I could post? I went back to read it and it was gone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2009 09:38PM by rtetzloff.
Re: Admin
January 15, 2009 09:27PM
It's really more of a formality than anything for protection for the site in case of issues and to assure users how we deal with data. Most sites have similar agreements in place.

You can access the terms of service by clicking the "Terms of Service" link and "Privacy Policy" link at the bottom of any page on the site.

It wasn't a change from a previous agreement, because we didn't have one in place before.

I'm going to sticky this for a few days so people can read it.

Other admins, there's a post in the admin forum about this now. If you do unsticky this, please move it to the site help forum after you have done so.

Ray Tetzloff
The Packer Wire Administrator/Webmaster
January 15, 2009 09:43PM
Thanks for the quick response.
January 15, 2009 09:44PM
You're welcome.

If you have any further questions on it, feel free to ask.

Ray Tetzloff
January 16, 2009 09:35AM
I too went looking after getting the prompt and agreeing to the "new" terms of service without reading them. I was curious as to what they might cover. Now that I have read the Terms of Service, I'm proud ot have agreed to them. A lot of thought went into those by somebody, somewhere, and they are not difficult to comprehend. The bottom line: The Packer Wire is not going to be liable for nuttin, no-how. It's all right with me. I'll know I have lost my mind if I am sued or am considering suing over something occurring on this message board. Neverheless, my compliments to the drafter of the Terms of Service - it's a good job.

Ecclesiastes 9:11-12.
There is One General Line that really could be added to strenghten it.
January 16, 2009 10:11AM
As person that is involved with contracts and membership agreements, I had to have an experienced lawyer (Harvard Graduate) strengthen my paragraphs legally and add new lines. I am no lawyer but here are some suggestions.

This isn't exact but it goes like this:

"Usage of this site could cause injury or death. If injury or death occur, I agree to hold (owners, operators, staff) harmless to any claim I or any third party may have. I understand that I have a right for a claim and I waive that right to said claim and will hold (owners, operators, staff) harmless by myself or any third party."

You might want to put in a use of likeness clause in there too because people do post pictures of themselves here.

I am proud of who I am. To those who oppose, get used to it.
January 16, 2009 10:31AM
I'm not sure how useful that would really be. I've never seen any sort of website with a terms of service including an injury or death clause. I suppose a good lawyer would recommend it for completeness, but I don't know. I'll look into it some more.

Ray Tetzloff
January 16, 2009 11:08AM
It would be useful in these areas:

1) If one user gets into a heated argument on this site and some how they happen to come into contact and one gets injured killed.

2) A user commits suicide after being put down by another user, it would help protect everyone that runs this place since the site is where incident started.

You would be covering your butt because the "Sharks" would come after those associated in running this site.

I couldn't imagine a situation occurring like the two I have stated but when (if) it happens you would be in a better situation legally.

I am proud of who I am. To those who oppose, get used to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2009 11:08AM by Fox_NFLs_GG.
January 16, 2009 11:14AM
I'm not saying there aren't circumstances when something like that would apply. I'll look into it some more...

Thanks for the input!

Ray Tetzloff