*BREAKING NEWS* Reggie White.....Dead of a heart attack
December 26, 2004 10:12AM
Just reported on ESPN.... sad smiley
I'm just totally stunned and heart broken
December 26, 2004 10:24AM
Prayers to Sara and their children.
Bless you Reggie
December 26, 2004 10:35AM
I met him once and I liked was he stuck to his beliefs.WHat i will remember was(other than the Packer things) was how he shared his love with his kids and made it a point to point out that he still showed his kids affection at any age at any time.He really believed that you can't not give them enough love and by doing this you can keep them out of trouble.
Semper Fi
Go Pack

Because when you say the bears still suck,.. you said it all !!!

Semper Fi
Go Pack Go
RE: Bless you Reggie
December 26, 2004 11:27AM
Don't worry, he'll be back in three days. Remember when he was out for the season with a knee or something and then he was back within a weekend. He was a living miracle and he was our miracle. This guy has a closeness with the lord like no other. Don't worry he'll be around doing more good than ever. Bless you Reggie.
Reggie will always be remembered
December 26, 2004 12:09PM
I heard it was a heart attack! He was WAY TOO YOUNG for that.
God Bless Reggie White

"Hey, California, go out and kick some butt"
-Random Grocery Shopper to the newly hired Mike Holmgren
RIP Reggie
December 26, 2004 12:21PM
A terrible shock. Only 43 years old. I wonder what he was up to the last few years. As a former player I would have thought they'd be up on things if he had any heart defect or heart disease. I guess this is not always detectable/ preventable. A big loss. His name WILL be on the Packer Ring of Honor and he will be in the Packer HOF, but unfortunately he didn't live to see it.
RE: *BREAKING NEWS* Reggie White.....Dead of a heart attack
December 26, 2004 10:25AM
RIP Reggie and thanks for being such an inspiration. God Bless!

3 time NFC Norse Champs!!!
Shocking.......
December 26, 2004 10:28AM
and I am speechless. My condolences to the family.

"And Tim Tebow just proved he's for real"
My condelences
December 26, 2004 10:47AM
I enjoyed him as an Eagles player and person. My heart goes out to his family fans and especially all you Pack fans. Its a sad day for me. he will be truly missed.

Visit my McNabb Fanclub Message Board at [eaglegene05.proboards3.com]

Check my site out over at [www.expressfans.com]
December 26, 2004 11:14AM
My brother in law called me this morning about this. What a shock! I will never forget all that he has done in his too short of a lifetime, both off the field and on. What a blessing he was. I'll be wearing my Reggie jersey to work today in honor of him!

RIP Reggie

My condolences and prayers...
December 26, 2004 11:30AM
Go to his family and friends, of which there are legions... Godspeed... Minister of Defense...
sad smiley

Bring it on...
Mine too...
December 26, 2004 11:43AM
My sentiments exactly.
Can't Believe It
December 26, 2004 11:46AM
Peace to you, minister of defense

Heartbroken
December 26, 2004 11:59AM
I totally do not know what to say, how to react...in total disbielf....
Was fortunate to meet and talk with Reggie in 96 at training camp.
He was one of the nicest and most down to earth athletes I have ever met. A remarkable player and more importantly a remarkable person.
The greatest defensive lineman of all time.

Just stunned.

R.I.P. Reggie you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry.
That's terrible
December 26, 2004 12:15PM
I heard it was respiratory failure due to sleep apnia...

Well, he did live a very fulfilling and worthwhile life while he was here. He will be very missed, I'm sure.
December 26, 2004 12:33PM
This is a shock to the entire Packer family.

God blessed us with Reggie, now may he bless his family with peace that comes from knowing he was a man of faith.

RE: At least he got to see...
December 26, 2004 01:03PM
.....us beat the Vikings on X-mas eve. What a huge loss. Reggie was a fine man whom I am proud to have to remember. God be with the Family. God Bless !
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The Road to the Super Bowl is a "Daily Grind" *Packer Fan since 1965*
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"The road to the Super Bowl IS a Daily Grind"
Packer fans will never forget....
December 26, 2004 01:37PM
...what Reggie White did for this team. Aside from Brett Favre, Reggie White is the player most responsible for bringing Green Bay back from football hell and making it a respected franchise again.
December 26, 2004 02:45PM
I feel like a small piece of me died, because he as man is the person I have strived to be... It didn't matter what he did on the field, it was what he did off the field that made him great...

I can't imagine how his family feels at this point... God Bless them and Reggie...

I am proud of who I am. To those who oppose, get used to it.
Story
December 26, 2004 07:03PM
Reggie passed on close to us, and he was close to our org. as well. Just thought I'd share a couple words on a somber day

[www.nflfans.com]
What had Reggie been doing the last 4 years?
December 26, 2004 10:28PM
I was just wondering awhile back why we hadn't heard of Reggie more in recent years. I know he would stop in once a season or so and talk to the players before a game (Sherman said they were 0-3 when he did that). But hadn't heard much of what he was doing.

I just saw this on another board, not sure if its true but don't have any reason to believe its not. Maybe we'll hear more about this in the coming days.

Yet, ESPN's Andrea Kramer reported that she spoke to Reggie on his 43rd birthday on December 19th, and he told her he has left the Church, hasn't been in one in 4 years. That he had gone to Israel and was investigating the Jewish faith.

Where did you get that quote from? nm
December 27, 2004 03:08PM
That's not what I heard...
December 27, 2004 03:13PM
I did hear something similar, however. Apparently he was studying the Hebrew language in order to gain a more personal understanding of the Bible. I didn't read or hear anything indicating that he stopped going to Christian services, or was contemplating a conversion to Judaism. If true, that's certainly interesting.
This article may shed some light...
December 27, 2004 03:17PM
[www.jsonline.com]

"In a program put together by NFL Films recently about players and religion, White was shown studying the Bible in Hebrew. He reportedly adopted some Jewish rituals in his life in recent years, although he said he was not becoming Jewish. He said in a 2002 television report that he didn’t want anything to do with institutional Christianity any longer but wanted to be involved with "the Jewish Messiah who died for my sins."
RE: That's not what I heard...
December 27, 2004 03:38PM
Yes, there was a show by NFL Films, "Football & Religion" that was showing last Thursday on ESPN or NFL Network. It was this show that Mike Sherman saw that prompted Mike to call Reggie last week before the Viking game.

In this piece I don't think it mentions an exact 4 years. I saw this on NFL Football when Andrea Kraemer had called in saying this in a telephone interview. But it does explain what he was doing the last few years (I don't think they are running it for awhile).

If you get a chance to catch it, it is a good piece. A scene shows Reggie spending hours in his at home office reading the scriptures outloud in Hebrew.

There is also Reggie singing "Amazing Grace." Although he didn't have the greatest voice, it was distinctly his own. That song stuck in my head on Friday and is was the first thing I thought of when I heard the news Sunday.
Amazing Grace
December 27, 2004 09:22PM
They played the piece where Reggie sang Amazing Grace yesterday on local Milwaukee TV. That piece was shown on the NFL today 4 years ago on the day of Reggie's last game as a Packer. I don't remember the details of Reggie's retirement, but apparently he had announced it before the season ended, as we knew on the last week of the season that this would be his last game.

>Yes, there was a show by NFL Films, "Football & Religion"
>that was showing last Thursday on ESPN or NFL Network. It was
>this show that Mike Sherman saw that prompted Mike to call
>Reggie last week before the Viking game.
>
>In this piece I don't think it mentions an exact 4 years. I
>saw this on NFL Football when Andrea Kraemer had called in
>saying this in a telephone interview. But it does explain
>what he was doing the last few years (I don't think they are
>running it for awhile).
>
>If you get a chance to catch it, it is a good piece. A scene
>shows Reggie spending hours in his at home office reading the
>scriptures outloud in Hebrew.
>
>There is also Reggie singing "Amazing Grace." Although he
>didn't have the greatest voice, it was distinctly his own.
>That song stuck in my head on Friday and is was the first
>thing I thought of when I heard the news Sunday.
From JSOnline
December 27, 2004 03:43PM
"On the plane trip back from their division-clinching victory over Minnesota on Friday, Harlan and Sherman had discussed setting up a firm date to retire White's familiar No. 92. Only four players in Packers history have had their numbers retired, and Harlan had informed White last year that he was ready to break a long-standing policy against retiring more numbers."

Man, I wish he would be here to see it - I know he'll be watching though...

"It's time to separate the wheat from the chaff, the men from the boys, the awkwardly feminine from the possibly Canadian."
--Cotton McKnight
More Video coverage...
December 27, 2004 11:36PM
...including lengthy interview in '93 after joining Packers.

[www.jsonline.com]
A great, great man, and not just a great football player.
December 31, 2004 11:52AM
It was an honor and privilege to have his presence in Green Bay.