Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Expendable ReDux

Expendable ReDux
January 23, 2018 11:43AM
From PFF;

[tinyurl.com]

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.” -Marcus Aurelius

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2018 11:45AM by Mcpacker64.
January 23, 2018 07:02PM
Mcpacker64
From PFF;

[tinyurl.com]

Clearly the miscalculated on Randall and Rollins over Hayward. But both had decent Rookie years which led to the decision on Hayward.
January 26, 2018 05:39PM
Well, is that the fault of Thompson or the defensive coaching staff? I will say, the way he has performed since moving on has been much better than he ever did in Green Bay. That leads me to believe it had more to do with how he was utilized and coached (and fit in our system) than anything else. That is why I'm happy we have a largely new defensive coaching staff.

Karl Zimmerman
Part-Owner of 13 Time World Champion Green Bay Packers
January 27, 2018 06:55AM
I think that most of the issue was the defensive staff not allowing players to be in position. There was issue with TT letting talent go for cost effective value.
January 28, 2018 11:13PM
I think the Hayward decision was Thompson’s. It was understandable in that Shields was outstanding and both Rollins’s and Randal were
promising. Thompson didn’t even have discussions with him. Hindsight is 20/20, but 5 M a year looks pretty cheap when you pay Nelson, Matthews, and Cobb over 30M.

I find the decision by Ball and Thompson not to even talk to or have discussions with Hyde, well goofy. Hyde was really hurt
when they did that. Coaches clearly had nothing to do with that. MM and Rodgers also wanted Lang back, Thompson and Ball didn’t. Thompson and Ball increasingly created
Silos in Murphy speak.
February 06, 2018 03:22PM
Again with the Ball comments. how do you know that Ball had anything at all to do with the letting go of Sitton and Lang. TT must have, he is the GM, so he decides. The contract manager doesn't decide these things.
February 07, 2018 01:22AM
Apparently he was more involved than any of us knew. Dave Butz the agent commented about how he always felt that Ball would deflect to Thompson but had more to say about decisions than people knew. Also the media especially at GBPG made clear Thompson depended more and more as withdrew from more and more of the management take your choice Ball picked up the pieces, was the closest confidant, was the real decision maker. The more Senior writers have been talking about what people inside 1265 and I assume Cleveland are telling them. Pretty incredible, we have never been exposed to Ball, but we were frequently with Gute and Wolf.

At the end of the day, although Murphy called it a mutual decision it was clear it was not Thompson’s choice. And in point of fact no contact or offer was ever made to either Heyward PFF highest rated pass CB or Hyde. Who knows whether the decision was one or the other and the two are peas of the same pod. No one has to believe it, but I have always thought Thompson is a classy and stand up guy. To date he has not showed up for any of the public stuff. I’ve seen fired people , no matter how much they fought with the media show up and address people just the right thing to do.