Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Philbin returning to the Packers

Philbin returning to the Packers
January 06, 2018 03:58PM
ESPN is reporting that Philbin is returning to the Packers. Personally I like this. The offense did well with Philbin and Aaron has worked well with him.
January 06, 2018 04:11PM
What position is he getting?

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.” -Marcus Aurelius
January 06, 2018 04:18PM
Per the report...Offensive coordinator.
January 06, 2018 04:24PM
YES HE KNOWS HOW TO DO WEEKLY INSTALLS!

RODGERS LOVES THIS GUY TOO!!!
January 06, 2018 04:44PM
This great news for the offense! They also picked up WR coach cause Bennett is not coming back.
January 06, 2018 07:06PM
I know some will say this is just recycling. They fail to see the importance of having a Coordinator that works perfectly (not just well) with the McCarthy and Rodgers. Philbin's replacements have tried to emulate the relationship that had developed that lead up to a Superbowl win. Bennett did an okay job with what he had to work with but he was no Philbin.

I really think that McCarthy is going to go outside for Defensive coordinator. I think that the right guy will become available Tuesday.

I would say that Eliot Wolf is the GM as it stands today. But they are waiting for the Vikings to get knocked out of the playoffs to interview their other equally desired candidate as he is being blocked.
January 06, 2018 07:51PM
You know I am hopeful Wolf will be the GM as well but I worry that Ball will get the nod because of TT. If the reports are true about MM bailing out of Green Bay if Ball is selected GM I gotta believe that Murphy will take that into consideration and pick Wolf instead. Fingers crossed!