Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Report: Darren Perry is leading candidate to be Packers DC

Report: Darren Perry is leading candidate to be Packers DC
January 05, 2018 07:04PM
January 06, 2018 08:19AM
On the surface this appears to be the Packers doing their due diligence. They are also slated to interview Winston Moss and Joe Whitt both of which are also in house candidates.

I have mixed emotions about it. Ultimately you want the best candidate available and you never know which of your position coaches may have been held back by your previous DC. Still that desire a voice and set of eyes from outside the Organization ifor our new D.C. is pretty strong for me.
January 06, 2018 11:15AM
FloridaPacker
On the surface this appears to be the Packers doing their due diligence. They are also slated to interview Winston Moss and Joe Whitt both of which are also in house candidates.

I have mixed emotions about it. Ultimately you want the best candidate available and you never know which of your position coaches may have been held back by your previous DC. Still that desire a voice and set of eyes from outside the Organization ifor our new D.C. is pretty strong for me.

Agreed.
January 09, 2018 05:21AM
I seriously hope any internal interviews are merely a courtesy. One of the worst features of our defense is our propensity to completely blow coverage. It seems to me that our secondary coach is at least partially responsible for that.
January 06, 2018 12:15PM
All kinds of rumors being bandied about right now. If they're hot on Perry why are they waiting to interview Fangio? Let's see how it all shakes out.
January 06, 2018 12:17PM
I swear I only pushed the "Post message" button once, and I thought the software prevented duplicate posts anyway. Weird.
January 08, 2018 06:19AM
I sure hope we get someone from the outside. Having a consistent coaching staff for 12 years isn't a good thing. Everyone there could use some new, outside opinions on the playbook, methodologies, etc.

Kyle
January 08, 2018 10:14AM
It'd be nice to have some outside influence, unless these internal candidates have something revolutionary that they've been keep to themselves during the Capers era.