Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Changes is Offensive staff as well.

Changes is Offensive staff as well.
January 04, 2018 09:54AM
Kinda surprised to see changes on the offensive side of things. To me MM is the OC and Bennett was OC in name only. Not totally surprised to see Van Pelt gone...Hundley's growth was not there.

Wouldn't mind seeing Philbin come back. He appeared to have the offense working well in the SB year.

Certainly not a boring offseason.
Re: Changes is Offensive staff as well.
January 04, 2018 12:14PM
Yep ! I am glad their finally attempting to improve this team, been needed since the fourth quarter melt down verses the Seahawks. If there would have been one rich owner at that time I believe changes would have occurred at that time.

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.” -Marcus Aurelius
January 04, 2018 07:44PM
YES

He did the weekly installations of the total offense. Something that appears to be missing recently.
January 05, 2018 03:56AM
Welcome aboard. Used to be a telling sign of a good staff was that they were getting poached by other teams. Since 2010, we've had a few. But all and all, this staff has stayed in tact. I can't think of a single coach that has moved up the ladder and became a OC or DC.
January 05, 2018 06:33AM
I think that's often due to the fact that the Packers would block them from interviewing.

Kyle
January 06, 2018 02:14AM
Years ago as long as it was an upward move, the team always aloud the coaches to interview and leave. Are you saying that is no longer the case?
January 08, 2018 06:17AM
That must still be the case because I heard that they could have fought the Seattle/Schneider block since it would be considered a promotion (Schneider only gets to pick the 90 man roster currently, in GB he would pick the 53 man roster as well (i.e. more power, so promotion)). However, it still seems to me that McCarthy has blocked coaches from interviewing in the past - not sure how that happened.

Kyle
January 08, 2018 08:15AM
You can block coaches moving out if you are still in the playoffs (which the Packers were, every year). Once your season is done, they are fair game. That means teams that want your coach have to wait and watch the other candidates get snapped up by other teams, their choices contracting to maybe just the one guy they are waiting on, who may then interview badly, or have no interest in moving.

Teams can also do the 'promote to assisstant head coach while still a position coach' thing, to make it more difficult to poach them. The Packers did this too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2018 08:17AM by Swizz.