Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Possibly The Worst

Possibly The Worst
January 02, 2018 11:02AM
Bob McGinn is reporting that the BOD of the Packers told Murphy to remove TT. This recalls the bad old days before Bob Harlan when the BOD was directly active in management and screwed things up big time. I read this in Pro Football Talk and don't subscribe to McGinns website. PFT suggests that the issue is his ability to focus. That would seem to imply some sort of mental defect. There is also speculation the new GM will want a new coach.
Re: Possibly The Worst
January 02, 2018 11:04AM
Maybe early stages of some sort of dementia?
January 02, 2018 03:23PM
I've had concerns about this for him personally for the last year. I'm definitely not a Dr. but he has recently exhibited some of the personality traits one might associate with such. I remember I first considered this watching TT being interviewed at the league meetings in Phoenix last March. Open mouth listening to questions when typically most are tight lipped when waiting to respond. Then a little bit of slurring in his speech when he would speak. He's never been particularly glib but even for him it seemed a little different. Hopefully not the case and simply my imagination.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 03:31PM by FloridaPacker.
January 02, 2018 03:57PM
McCarthy was signed to a one year extension which would allow him to coach, sans lame duck, for 2018. I suspect that's a nod to the new GM that they're covered for their first year and can then decide if they want to keep MM or find their own coach.

I think that also bodes well for a GM selection outside of the current organization since, I suspect, any of the current internal candidates like McCarthy and would keep him. Who knows.

Kyle
January 02, 2018 04:00PM
Anything from Cornholio Florio has to be taken with a large grain of salt. And McGinn seems eager for attention and subscriptions these days....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 04:01PM by Packer Rob.
January 03, 2018 06:40AM
Also, when interviewed Murphy specifically denied that that ever happened.
He even laughed and said that would never happen on a 45 man board. Mostly they just get together to report on various facets of the Packers business.
January 03, 2018 09:16AM
Packer Rob
Anything from Cornholio Florio has to be taken with a large grain of salt. And McGinn seems eager for attention and subscriptions these days....

Agreed. He does not seem to be shall we say, unbiased.!