Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another Issue

Another Issue
January 02, 2018 04:52AM
Will the new GM want his own coach? The last two did. Does McCarthy want to be a candidate for GM? That's the only way, aka Sherman he can trust the new GM.
Re: Another Issue
January 02, 2018 05:32AM
I would assume that the next GM is within the Packers Organization. Maybe the cause of all these sudden moves without being named?
January 02, 2018 07:59AM
Could be
January 02, 2018 08:04AM
100% agree.
January 02, 2018 01:12PM
Bear in mind McCarthy just got a 1yr extension on his contract. I'm guessing that was prioritised to avoid putting off potential coordinators and position coaches. With his extension, there isn't the lame duck tag, that could dissuade candidates.
January 02, 2018 02:36PM
The extension tells me that tr his has Ben in the works. Probably also that Dorsey knew the end-result (Wolf?) and decided to go to Cleveland.
January 03, 2018 10:07AM
To me it makes the most sense to hire from within. I am not all that concerned that it would be business as usual. Just because these guys worked under TT doesn't mean that they don't have different philosophies.

Just hope that Murphy doesn't take to long to choose the successor.
January 03, 2018 10:16AM
The hiring by Murphy of an outside group to assist him in his search, if he's hiring within the PACKER organization would be a waste of resources imo

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.” -Marcus Aurelius
January 03, 2018 12:15PM
Due Diligence.
January 03, 2018 02:22PM
...............and Rooney Rule compliance ?
January 03, 2018 03:00PM
Might that have something to do with the Lions interviewing Moss for HC?

Position Coach on a consistently under performing Defense getting a HC gig....in the same Division??