Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Horst at the 2

Horst at the 2
December 03, 2017 04:35PM
No replay on Jordy's catch at the 2. Looked like a first. No challenge, no attempt for what would have been the winning TD. Seemed very stupid. Why not challenge?
Re: Horst at the 2
December 03, 2017 05:37PM
He never extended for the first down. Spot was correct. Why waste a TO at that point in the game. Your defense was going to have to stop them anyway.
December 03, 2017 07:02PM
I was watching the game at a bar and never saw a replay. Was there one! In any case it e was inches to a first down and a RD at that point was the game. Committing to OT given how poorly the Pack was moving the ball rather than go for the near bird in the hand was a bad choice. The reason TH choose to kick was because they thought they'd easily stop the Pack and then only need a FG.
December 04, 2017 01:44AM
I agree about wanting to go for it on fourth and one in regulation for the reasons you stated. But it was the Packers who won the coin toss in overtime.
December 08, 2017 08:05AM
Brucest
I was watching the game at a bar and never saw a replay. Was there one! In any case it e was inches to a first down and a RD at that point was the game. Committing to OT given how poorly the Pack was moving the ball rather than go for the near bird in the hand was a bad choice. The reason TH choose to kick was because they thought they'd easily stop the Pack and then only need a FG.

Last night Saints down 3 with about 1 min to go. I side the 20. Brees throws INT in the end zone. You really wanted a backup QB to try to make a play there on 4th and goal? If Brees can make an ill advised throw....