Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hundley is up to 75% stupid this week.

Hundley is up to 75% stupid this week.
December 03, 2017 02:17PM
I don't know how long the Pack can survive with this stupidity against the Bucs.
Re: Hundley is up to 75% stupid this week.
December 03, 2017 04:47PM
Boohoo
December 03, 2017 05:57PM
Really...
December 03, 2017 07:10PM
Really: they survived, we won, Hundley played a key role in the win. Still alive, be happy...
December 04, 2017 06:01AM
I m happy, but lets not confuse handing the ball off to a RB as putting the ball in Hundley's hands. Sure he ran too but....
December 04, 2017 08:05AM
We were losing and needed points. He manufactured a nice drive to tie the game. He did the same thing in OT. Did the same thing last week in Pittsburgh. Pretty good job if you ask me (he is a backup QB by the way)
December 04, 2017 05:17PM
Hundley was sub par for a back up during those drives. The players around him is what made the drive.
December 04, 2017 06:51PM
You’re right, those read options where he kept the ball and moved the chains had nothing to do with him
December 05, 2017 08:29PM
Yeah the only thing he can do is run. Misses an open WR... Throws to covered WRs...
December 06, 2017 06:32PM
You must have missed the Pittsburgh game
December 06, 2017 06:39PM
No he was only 50% stupid that game.
December 08, 2017 07:54AM
17-26/245/3 , no turnovers, 130+ qb rating = 50% stupid

I might as well be arguing with a block of wood here...
December 10, 2017 05:55PM
Yep throwing to open WR's that he was looking at the whole time.
December 10, 2017 08:03PM
Good read on his part.
December 10, 2017 09:00PM
Yeah his only read. He is following his first read and not seeing the whole field.
December 12, 2017 12:20PM
Against the Browns: 35/46 245 3 TD's

Now has more OT wins than Rodgers smiling smiley

Kid has gotten things done in the 4th quarter, period.
December 12, 2017 03:33PM
As banged up as this PACKER squad is I thought the O,D & ST did a good enough job to get themselves a win. I was a "Happy Camper" to see them get this win, Hundley did a damn good job for a back up QB, much more than i expected!!!Go Packers!!!

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.” -Marcus Aurelius
December 14, 2017 12:11PM
I think Hundley is pretty low quality for a backup. The Packers are just about still in the hunt for the playoffs but only because they played some weak opponents like the Bucs and Browns, and it came right down to the wire with them. It's 50/50 the Pack keep him for his final year.

I would have been happier with the raw but exciting Taysom Hill under center (though there is no way to know how he would have fared in real games). He is (sadly) now on the Saints 53. At least the Packers now have plenty of game footage on which to decide Hundley's fate, and he won't cost much in his final year (2018).

I have always said that the three most key things for a QB are
(1) that he has the talent to put the ball where it needs to go (strength, touch and accuracy),
(2) he can sense pressure well enough to buy a little time in the pocket.
(3) most importantly, he can read the field pre snap and post snap. This (imo) is the most common failing for college QB successes, that become failures in the NFL.

Hundley doesn't do well throwing downfield. He has a tendency to go back after the snap when you need to go forward to buy time (that may be correctable). He does not read the field properly. For these reasons, seeing those problems now that he is in his third season, I'd let him go and take a chance on someone else. That is harsh, I know, but the NFL is a harsh business. I don't expect a backup to be Rodgers mk2, but I do expect better then Hundley.
December 14, 2017 01:30PM
Swizz
I think Hundley is pretty low quality for a backup. The Packers are just about still in the hunt for the playoffs but only because they played some weak opponents like the Bucs and Browns, and it came right down to the wire with them. It's 50/50 the Pack keep him for his final year.

I would have been happier with the raw but exciting Taysom Hill under center (though there is no way to know how he would have fared in real games). He is (sadly) now on the Saints 53. At least the Packers now have plenty of game footage on which to decide Hundley's fate, and he won't cost much in his final year (2018).

I have always said that the three most key things for a QB are
(1) that he has the talent to put the ball where it needs to go (strength, touch and accuracy),
(2) he can sense pressure well enough to buy a little time in the pocket.
(3) most importantly, he can read the field pre snap and post snap. This (imo) is the most common failing for college QB successes, that become failures in the NFL.

Hundley doesn't do well throwing downfield. He has a tendency to go back after the snap when you need to go forward to buy time (that may be correctable). He does not read the field properly. For these reasons, seeing those problems now that he is in his third season, I'd let him go and take a chance on someone else. That is harsh, I know, but the NFL is a harsh business. I don't expect a backup to be Rodgers mk2, but I do expect better then Hundley.

expecting #3 from a backup that had never played a meaningful snap is a pipedream. in essence he was a rookie this year all be it a 3rd year rookie. there is basically no reading defenses in the pre-season so he had never had that experience. I do agree that he failed quite a bit at this...however, there were other times he did see...its amazing how fast we all forget 2008 and having Rodgers playing for the first time. pre-snap reads and hesitation were there all the time too. not saying Hundley is going to be better, but I thought that I did see improvement on pre-snap reads. the back shoulder to adams to tie the game was one. as they highlighted in the game his biggest issue is that he drops his eyes when he scrambles.