Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MM continues his poor clock management at end of half

MM continues his poor clock management at end of half
October 24, 2017 03:37AM
We were on the 30 yard line, in field goal range with 1 time out left at the end of the first half. We were not going to score a TD. Aaron Jones was running effectively. Hand him the ball, pick up 4 yards or so, kick a FG and take a 10 point lead into the half. Instead, MM calls some sort of trick play that gets botched resulting in a penalty taking us out of FG range. Just plain stupidity. No excuses for it.
Re: MM continues his poor clock management at end of half
October 24, 2017 04:05AM
And to add to that, he still had his timeout. The play he called had 4 vertical routes. Didn't need 30 yards. 10, 15 yards gives Crosby a legitimate shot instead of a 59 yarder. Even a draw to Jones would have been a better option then the play called.
October 24, 2017 10:29AM
MM isn't a even a good play caller, you see how he handled Brett in the last game. MM has kept Brett for 3 years & now has to allow him to play & apparently MM doesn't trust him. The ??? calls he continually makes are odd. Aaron Rodgers imo has covered MM odd calls often by calling his own play when the HC errs, sadly Mr. Rodgers isn't available.
Capers has "nitro,whambo " defenses that has allow 400+ game as the norm in Green Bay for many years. To constantly having the OLBs cutting into the defensive line in the hope of getting a sack or disturbing the timing has only resulted in BOTH outside lanes wide open for run or pass by the other team getting 1st downs & more....pitiful.

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.” -Marcus Aurelius
October 24, 2017 10:34AM
I've always been supportive of MM, but wondered at times if he's just an 8-8 coach and Rodgers adds 2-3 wins with his play. I definitely think things would be .500 on offense if not for Rodgers as MM has reached his Peter Principle for sure. Don't get me started on the D.

Thanks,Ted.