Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It looks like we got a RB in Aaron Jones

It looks like we got a RB in Aaron Jones
October 08, 2017 07:34PM
He looks natural in the position and make plays. First 100 yard rusher in forever. Montgomery is great as a WR/RB, but seems like when he is used as a RB, he just can't find a hole.

[www.packers.com]
Re: It looks like we got a RB in Aaron Jones
October 09, 2017 06:33AM
Unlike Jamaal Williams, he doesn't run into the back of his own guys. I don't think he will stay as a third stringer long.
October 09, 2017 11:08AM
The offense could be really dynamic with Aaron Jones and Ty Montgomery in the backfield at one time. I was getting sick of year after year runners being stopped by hitting the offensive line (Instead of holes) and sitting in the backfield waiting for a tackle...
October 09, 2017 11:39AM
I don't think Jones is 3rd String now after yesterday.

Plus, I have been really disappointed in Williams. You are fully right. He has demonstrated NO vision for finding available running lanes. Jones sees it naturally. I see no reason for Montgomery and Jones to simply split time in the Backfield tilting towards Montgomery in clear passing situations because of knowledge of the offense and necessary blocking assignments.
October 12, 2017 04:48PM
Just one note of caution. Minnesota has a better run defense (rated 7th), than Dallas.

I want to see Jones against that defense before I get too excited. I'd say if he has a good day against Minny, he is worth getting excited over.
October 13, 2017 08:29AM
Also remember no one had any tape on him. Same thing happened last year with Montgomery. I think after he starts getting more carries, teams will plan accordingly and we'll see a decline in his performance.

That being said, having some power runners and some speed runners is a good thing. Makes it more complex for the defense, and should help out the offense as a whole.

Kyle
October 13, 2017 02:53PM
Yes, that is really what interests me, the 1-2 punch with Montgomery and Jones. They have different styles and are both good in different situations, so it gives us some real options there now.

Karl Zimmerman
Part-Owner of 13 Time World Champion Green Bay Packers
October 16, 2017 09:16AM
And now even going up against the Vikings isn't going to count because folks will say that, with AR out, nobody could run.