Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help me out with the 2 pt try

Help me out with the 2 pt try
October 08, 2017 06:23PM
Don't understand going for 2 at that point. Your up by 4 and if you get it it's 6. They get a TD as they just did. A FG gives you a tie. If you get the extra point, then a FG gives you the win.
Re: Help me out with the 2 pt try
October 08, 2017 06:29PM
With that play it doesn't matter. Great drive.
October 08, 2017 07:24PM
Probably allowing the long snapper and holder to get in tune on the sideline after two missed PAT.
October 10, 2017 03:14PM
Mike Spofford gave as good an answer as you'll find.

"You try to go up by six to force them to make the PAT. The kick being 33 yards now, instead of 20, has changed the thinking I believe. Keep in mind, also, that had the Packers kicked to go up five, the Cowboys would have gone for two after their TD to try to go up three, so there’s no guarantee Green Bay would have been in position to win with a field goal at the end, as many readers are assuming."

Read more: [www.packers.com]

“I feel like I’ve done this long enough (that) I don’t rank them,” McCarthy replied when asked where the win ranked in his five-year tenure. “We’re going to have bigger wins than this in my time in Green Bay. You can trust me on that." --After beating the Jets who had the best record in the NFL. The Packers went on to win the Superbowl.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 03:15PM by JC.