Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The game

The game
September 30, 2017 04:02PM
I thought the PACKERS all put extra effort on both sides of the ball in this game and the OL did the best that they were able. D scheme was perfect imo.

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.” -Marcus Aurelius
September 30, 2017 05:44PM
It was a good game, good effort.
Kudos to MM, for the short, quick-hit passing game, and the help he gave to tackles. They whole o line held up. Taylor was fine at LT, so was Patrick at LG.
Same to Capers, for sticking more with a 3 man defensive front, Bears were relying on their run game which had been working well.
October 09, 2017 11:08AM
I disagree that the defense played great. We are damn lucky we got the ball back with a little bit of thing left or we lose that game. Rodgers and his receivers won that game, mostly Rodgers. And what the hell is with the kick return game? Is it that bad? And if it is, why is Zook still there? We don't even try to run it out and I think Aikman mentioned that we hadn't even attempted it yet this season at one point in the game. More than likely, we get the 15-20 yard line on a poorly covered kick. What is 5 extra yards the way our offense is playing? The flip side is occasionally you bust a big one, which could have went a long way yesterday. I totally understand if the kicker boots it out of the end zone or even way back in the end sone, but if you can get under it with some steam, I say take it out.

""If my mother put on a helmet and shoulder pads and a uniform that wasn't the same as the one I was wearing, I'd run over her if she was in my way. And I love my mother! ""

Bo Jackson
October 09, 2017 11:10AM
The defense fell a part when King was out, but came around a bit in the second half. But they looked really good when he was in.
October 09, 2017 11:24AM
BigBri
I disagree that the defense played great. We are damn lucky we got the ball back with a little bit of thing left or we lose that game. Rodgers and his receivers won that game, mostly Rodgers. And what the hell is with the kick return game? Is it that bad? And if it is, why is Zook still there? We don't even try to run it out and I think Aikman mentioned that we hadn't even attempted it yet this season at one point in the game. More than likely, we get the 15-20 yard line on a poorly covered kick. What is 5 extra yards the way our offense is playing? The flip side is occasionally you bust a big one, which could have went a long way yesterday. I totally understand if the kicker boots it out of the end zone or even way back in the end sone, but if you can get under it with some steam, I say take it out.

Well for one with just over a minute left, any return may have cost the Packers the time they needed to score the winning TD. But why run it out if 1 out 50 times you score but 30 pit of 50 times you don’t get past the 25. Risk out weighs the benefit when you have Rodgers. Plus let’s be honest, Janis isn’t the smartest guy in the world. Not sure he has the good sense of when to return and when not too. He’s fast and tall and provides depth at WR.
October 09, 2017 11:47AM
I agree. Our kick return game is fine. Just give the ball to Rodgers on the 25. Running it out has the potential to bust one, but I would wager we would fumble a possession away at least once for every return we took back over the 40.

Much more interested in the Punt Return game which we barely saw at all yesterday because our Defense could not stop Dallas. I do think our scheme was fine but we need to have our guys out there. I think we are at least a good enough defense with all our guys on the field. We are not a good Turf Defense either. All the more reason to fight to get that Home Field Advantage. Our Defense would do well in January/Lambeau.

After that I'll take my chances in the Super Bowl. The idea of winning a Super Bowl "In Minnesota" gives me goose bumps. That would be incredible.