Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Packer Injury Info revisited

Packer Injury Info revisited
September 18, 2017 10:45AM
My prediction about Bulaga being was unsurprisingly enough correct. Backtiari was added. And Spriggs. Earlier Barcley was IR'd mostly out of the blue. Who knows
whether any or all of them will be IR'd.
Re: Packer Injury Info revisited
September 18, 2017 06:17PM
They said both Bulaga and Bahktari warmed up before the game. Hopefully both are close to getting back on the Field.
September 19, 2017 09:21AM
FloridaPacker
They said both Bulaga and Bahktari warmed up before the game. Hopefully both are close to getting back on the Field.

I have to wonder if they were held out due to the fact there would have been three games in 11 days. Falcons, Bengals and the Bears on Thursday night.
September 19, 2017 12:08PM
The Falcons game was by far the toughest of those three, so I would assume that would be the one you'd want them in and let them rest, if need be, against the Bengals and Bears, which should be slam dunks.

Kyle
September 19, 2017 02:00PM
Kaerous
The Falcons game was by far the toughest of those three, so I would assume that would be the one you'd want them in and let them rest, if need be, against the Bengals and Bears, which should be slam dunks.

but if they come out of that Falcons game injured and miss the next two games that could change those slam dunk wins too. the falcons game was only 1/16th of the season.
September 19, 2017 06:09PM
I mostly agree. Week 2 is not the time to risk the long term health of key players who are dealing with injuries. Every game is important, but it's a long season and we are going to be counting on those guys to get us into the Playoffs. If they experience a setback by playing too soon, it can turn into several weeks of lost snaps, or a season of being ineffective (Adams 2 years ago, Randall and Rollins last season). By the way, some players got a lot of snaps on Monday that they may not have otherwise. In the long run, those snaps may prove to be extremely valuable to our young players who WILL be counted on again.

“I feel like I’ve done this long enough (that) I don’t rank them,” McCarthy replied when asked where the win ranked in his five-year tenure. “We’re going to have bigger wins than this in my time in Green Bay. You can trust me on that." --After beating the Jets who had the best record in the NFL. The Packers went on to win the Superbowl.
September 21, 2017 11:50AM
I would be on the side of any of the borderline guys Sunday going ahead and sitting out. The 4 extra days may have them ready for the Bears and while every game is important the 4 with only the W mattering for Tie Breaker purposes are the ones against AFC Opponents.