Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Rodgers, Finley, and Woodson

Rodgers, Finley, and Woodson
May 20, 2015 11:15PM
Our current banner has #12 Rodgers, #88 Finley, & #21 Woodson. That's not today's team.

I'd love to be able to freshen it up such that it would favorably represent the Packer Wire and even the current team. It would make for a great off-season project, wouldn't it?
Sadly I have neither experience, knowledge, nor talent in graphic design nor photoshop.

While I don't know the admins' stance on this, I wonder if they would mind if 1 of the users took on such a project?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2015 11:15PM by backpacker.
May 21, 2015 08:27AM
We could certainly get a new image if someone puts one together. I think that image has been up since 2009, which was certainly a different team than now.

I tried having a contest almost three years ago to get a new banner, even offering up a Clay Matthews jersey. Nobody submitted anything or ever even responded to the post. I'll work on a put and consider getting a prize together for it!

Ray Tetzloff
The Packer Wire Administrator/Webmaster
May 22, 2015 09:01PM
Thanks Ray. I too have neither the time or expertise to do it, but I'm glad this topic came up. There has to be someone with that Skill Set.

Just a suggestion but if we are again looking for 3 faces, Rodgers, Matthews, and McCarthy would be good.

Or if you wanted 4, replace McCarthy with Cobb and Clinton-Dix. All 4 of those guys should play at least 4 more years for us.
May 24, 2015 10:34PM
What is the preferred pixel size of said header?

""If my mother put on a helmet and shoulder pads and a uniform that wasn't the same as the one I was wearing, I'd run over her if she was in my way. And I love my mother! ""

Bo Jackson
May 25, 2015 02:45AM
1885 x 290, I believe.
May 26, 2015 10:54AM
I've thought of this too, glad it came up. I wish I had the skills to do this, but I would suggest the following players appear:

1. Rodgers, he is the face of the franchise.
2. Matthews, he is the face of the defense.

Others to consider for a third...
3. Cobb, he is young and fans really connect with him.
4. Nelson, he is a big fan favorite.
5. Lacy, the power back himself!

“After the cheers have died down and the stadium is empty, after the headlines have been written and after you are back in the quiet of your room and the championship ring has been placed on the dresser and all the pomp and fanfare has faded, the enduring things that are left are: the dedication to excellence, the dedication to victory, and the dedication to doing with our lives the very best we can to make the world a better place in which to live."

Vince Lombardi
May 26, 2015 01:38PM
Could we have the word Kuuuuhn ascending from the stadium? I would be happy to create something but I'm not really sure what a pixel is. I could sketch a picture and mail it to someone however.
May 26, 2015 03:51PM
I have Photoshop and know enough to put something similar to what we have currently together fairly easily.

I would need a concept (napkin sketch or something of sort) of what we want it to appear like, along with any images and dimensions.

“After the cheers have died down and the stadium is empty, after the headlines have been written and after you are back in the quiet of your room and the championship ring has been placed on the dresser and all the pomp and fanfare has faded, the enduring things that are left are: the dedication to excellence, the dedication to victory, and the dedication to doing with our lives the very best we can to make the world a better place in which to live."

Vince Lombardi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2015 03:52PM by StLouisPackFan.
May 27, 2015 12:40AM
What about including a Lombardi? Maybe his new statue or 1 of his trophies a la the picture Swizz has (with MM) in his signature line?
May 27, 2015 02:42PM
Actually, the current image is 1000x154px, but it scales up or down as needed to match the width of the page. We'd want to keep that approximate ratio, but I can typically scale whatever to the right size.

These were the erquirements we listed for the previous contest that didn't go anywhere:

- Size must be 1000 pixels wide x 150-160 pixels tall.
- Submissions would preferably be PSD (Adobe Photoshop), EPS (General Vector), or AI (Adobe Illustrator) files, otherwise must be PNG or JPG format.
- Any players/coaches must be a part of the team at the time of voting completion (banners including players cut during the voting period can be resubmitted with a replacement player).
- "The Packer Wire" must be present and legible.
- The Packer "G" cannot be used unless as captured in a photo on the side of a players' helmet or on the field (copyright reasons).
- File should be named in the following manner: username-2015banner-#.ext, where the username is your username, # is the number of your submission, and ext is the file extension.
- Banners should be submitted in response to this thread and attached through the attachments section of the post.

I barely have time to even check out the site, so I can't really work on anything, or I would gladly do so. If we have enough interest in doing so, we can throw together a contest and such! Otherwise, anyone who wants to volunteer some time to make something up can do so. We'll gladly consider options!

Ray Tetzloff
May 27, 2015 03:03PM
Ray do you have a standalone image of "The Packer Wire"?

Vince Lombardi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2015 03:03PM by StLouisPackFan.
May 28, 2015 08:53AM
I do not! Whoever it was that made the current header image included their own rendition of the text with the font, arc, and shadow.

Ray Tetzloff
June 04, 2015 07:30AM
The header was my submission for the contest years ago that was mentioned in the thread. I could probably locate the original file, but there's nothing special about it. Like you said, the text was just a font I selected and then added some properties to it. Frankly the Lambeau Field background image might be the most helpful as a fair amount of work was done to clean up the image, taking out obstructions, etc.

I'm quite excited to see the new banner!