Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Packers aren't only defense that back end screws up

Packers aren't only defense that back end screws up
December 30, 2013 09:03AM
it appears on the TD to Cobb to win the game some of the Bears DB were playing zone when others were playing man to man.
December 30, 2013 10:53AM
jay,It's also looks like Cutler is over the LOS on the Hail Mary throw that Shields intercepts on the last play of the game. For what it's worth.tongue sticking out smiley

Thanks,Ted.
December 30, 2013 11:37AM
I was saying the exact same thing even as he was fixing to throw. I still haven't seen/heard about a flag, but I wasn't concerned about a Bear catching it because I believed that it wouldn't count anyway. But maybe the d-backs learned in Seattle that its better to make it certain on the field rather than rely on the refs calling it the correct way?
December 30, 2013 02:43PM
Per the NFL rulebook, in order to be considered beyond the line of scrimmage with respect to whether or not a forward pass is legal, the ball AND the ENTIRE body must be beyond the line of scrimmage. Cutler's back foot was still behind the line of scrimmage, making it a legal pass. Had there been need for it, it would have been reviewed, but it should have been considered legal.

Ray Tetzloff
The Packer Wire Administrator/Webmaster
December 30, 2013 03:57PM
Per the Majik Man....
December 30, 2013 04:38PM
rtetzloff
Per the NFL rulebook, in order to be considered beyond the line of scrimmage with respect to whether or not a forward pass is legal, the ball AND the ENTIRE body must be beyond the line of scrimmage. Cutler's back foot was still behind the line of scrimmage, making it a legal pass. Had there been need for it, it would have been reviewed, but it should have been considered legal.

Thanks, Ray. You appear like a a total eclipse...or once in a blue moon. I consider it another Packer Wire accomplishment (like 1,000 posts) to have you respond to my little blurb. I was always led to believe if any part of the body was over the LOS it was considered an illegal forward pass and have seen it called that way. Is this a recent rule change?

Thanks,Ted.
December 30, 2013 11:14AM
Don't think anyone denies that there are a bunch of bad Ds in the league. Just not too many of them in the playoffs.