Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Is AP this undependable ?

Is AP this undependable ?
June 24, 2011 02:18PM
From CBSsports;

Posted by Josh Katzowitz

If you spent $199 on a football camp bearing Vikings RB Adrian Peterson’s name and you expected Peterson to be there to help run the camp, would you be upset if Peterson actually wasn’t there?

I guess we’ll see, because Peterson won’t be attending his camp in Oklahoma this week.

But, hey, Peterson says he’s sorry about that.

"I want to apologize to all the fans about the confusion regarding the camp in Norman," Peterson said in a statement issued to the Associated Press through his agent (the Tulsa World). "I hosted camps in Palestine and Tyler, Texas, last week that went great. Due to ProCamps misunderstanding of my schedule, I was never able to host this year's Norman camp on their scheduled dates, but look forward to being back in 2012."

Originally, though, the problem wasn’t because the organization running the camp misunderstood Peterson’s schedule. Originally, it was because Peterson chose to be on TV rather than in Norman for the camp.

ProCamps had said the date of the camp clashed with Peterson taping an NFL Network special, but Wednesday, the NFL Network said Peterson wouldn’t actually be in studio until July 3, meaning there was no conflict with the camp. Then, ProCamps changed its story.

"ProCamps Worldwide would like to correct its previous statement regarding this week's Adrian Peterson Camp in Norman, Oklahoma, as well as take full responsibility for the scheduling mishap with this event,” the organization said in a statement. "We erroneously stated that Adrian's inability to attend the camp results from his involvement with the NFL Network's Top 100 Players of 2011.”

So, ProCamps just didn’t misunderstand Peterson’s schedule; it misunderstood the reason for misunderstanding the schedule.

But what about the campers whose parents, it turns out, paid a bunch of money NOT to practice with Peterson? What happens to them?

Instead of Peterson, they’ll get to learn from former Oklahoma players Jason White, Mark Clayton and DeMarco Murray. Plus, ProCamps will refund that money if the campers decide not to go, and if they do show up, they’ll get $70 worth of gifts.

And think of it this way: If Peterson helped run the camp, the kids might not get to learn from a Heisman Trophy winner. With White in attendance, they will. So, in some respects, this is actually fantastic news.

Yep, he's a different kinda guy.

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.” -Marcus Aurelius
Re: Is AP this undependable ?
January 20, 2013 08:52AM
I would say that any parent expecting a pro athlete to attend a camp simply because his name is on it, is pretty freakin naive. The pro athlete actually attending would just be a bonus, but certainly not expected.

"And Tim Tebow just proved he's for real"

It's not MM's fault