Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BRENT still dislikes the PACK

BRENT still dislikes the PACK
December 22, 2010 06:50AM
Peppers was one of the Bears defenders who found Favre after the game, to shake his hand and wish him well, and more actually. "I was happy Brett suited up," Peppers said. "I figured it might be the last time I got to see him across the field from me on the opposing sideline. Yeah, I talked to him after the game. I told him it was an honor to play against him. He said, 'Likewise. … Go beat the Packers in a couple of weeks.'"

Assclown, go home....just go home...pathetic old pervert.
Re: BRENT still dislikes the PACK
December 22, 2010 08:19AM
You know I try to soften my feelings towards the guy, but then you hear stuff like this and it is way to easy to go back to having a very very strong dislike for the guy.
December 22, 2010 08:39AM
It is what it is, and he may feel exactly as you imply.

But, you've just traded pleasantrys and you have to end the conversation somehow. Had they been playing the Packers who were playing the Bears in 2 weeks, and Brett was talking to Driver, he could have very easily said, "Go beat the Bears in a couple of weeks."

Who knows. It's just not a big deal to me. In fact it's no deal at all.

Let's go win a couple of games. Approval
December 22, 2010 10:02AM
First of all, nothing he mentioned suggests he "dislikes" the Packers. The man had been knocked out cold during the game and was suffering from concussion -- surely that is the cause of his remark. smiling smiley

Sounds like it was a flippant slap on the back as FP suggests and it shouldn't exactly be a shocker if Favre still harbors ill will toward certain members of the Packers organization, whether he is right or wrong to do so.
December 22, 2010 10:05AM
The man of granite has foibles. Its OK.

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.” -Marcus Aurelius
December 22, 2010 10:36AM
His most granite part is just below his back.
December 22, 2010 11:34AM
Glad you've acknowledged that. Seems that the Favre haters mainly hate him for his imperfections. Not a very understanding or open-minded bunch, the Favre haters.
December 22, 2010 11:39AM
I agree FP. Nothing more then chit chat after the game. Happens all the time.
December 22, 2010 02:28PM
December 22, 2010 09:52PM
So what is different on there then what was stated? Nothing that I can tell. Some blogger's opinion. Who cares? Nothing more then an opinion of yours or mine. After games and matches you say things to your opponents that may or may not mean anything. It's just chit chat between athletes. Good luck next week. Good luck in the playoffs. Go beat those guys. Happens every week in every game. Doesn't mean a thing. He forced his way out of GB. That says it all doesn't it? I've been as hard on the guy as almost any on here. This is nothing IMO.
December 22, 2010 04:19PM
Meh. Earlier this season Bill Simmons had a column where he mentioned that he was watching last year's NFC Championship at the same bar as Aaron Rodgers. He said that when the Saints won, Rodgers celebrated like he had just won a championship.

"We must believe in luck - for how else can we explain the success of those we don't like."-Jean Cocteau
December 22, 2010 05:12PM
I can see that, but was he rooting against Brett or against the division rival Vikings? I wouldn't expect any allegiance between Rodgers and the Vikings because there is none. I guess I expected a little more from Brett concerning the Packers.

Kyle
December 22, 2010 06:51PM
Well, is Favre rooting against the Packers or against Ted Thompson?

It's completely natural to not want to get upstaged by the guy that replaced you (or the guy that you replaced for that matter).

I could see being happy about the division rivals losing, but I kind of doubt Rodgers celebrates like he won the title if it's Tarvaris at the helm.

"We must believe in luck - for how else can we explain the success of those we don't like."-Jean Cocteau
December 22, 2010 08:56PM
Packer487
Well, is Favre rooting against the Packers or against Ted Thompson?

It's completely natural to not want to get upstaged by the guy that replaced you (or the guy that you replaced for that matter).

I could see being happy about the division rivals losing, but I kind of doubt Rodgers celebrates like he won the title if it's Tarvaris at the helm.

right now how can you separate the two, the Packers and TT? the only way to root against TT is to root against the Packers.
December 22, 2010 11:46PM
Well, it wouldn't have made any sense to tell Julius Peppers, "go beat the Packers because I want to get back at Ted Thompson any way I can."

It's easier to just say "beat the Packers"
December 23, 2010 11:07AM
sure. but it also goes back to my thoughts about the TT and MM haters. how can you root for them to be fired yet still root for the Packers? all three are tied together.
December 22, 2010 10:43PM
It just makes me glad that he came back for one last year...so the Packers could crush and humiliate him.
December 23, 2010 06:33AM
Sniffle sniffle....my feelings were hurt again. Cry me a river....

3 years and the Brett Bashers STILL cannot get over it. How long do you people hold grudges for a perceived lack of respect over something so minor?

You bashers remind me of the middle aged Uncle on Napoleon Dynamite who continues to whine that his high school coach did not play him and that prevented him from eventually making the NFL HOF. Will you also cry for the next 20 years (which I am guessing will make you about 35 years old then)?

Geez....these Brett threads never seem to go away.

"And Tim Tebow just proved he's for real"

It's not MM's fault

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2010 06:42AM by 4Pack.
January 19, 2012 03:46PM
Hey,Wake the f... up,after 1996 he SUCKED. I couldn't wait for him to leave.. His chuck the ball and hope for the best was high school play. I couldn't wait for this underachiver to leave.

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.” -Marcus Aurelius
January 21, 2012 02:01PM
In retrospect, I loved the guy from 1992-2000, after that I was ready for a new QB. During the messy leaving & going to the vikes...NO respect for him.