Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Favre inactive, maybe IR

Favre inactive, maybe IR
December 13, 2010 05:35PM
KFAN Minneapolis is reporting that Favre is inactive for this evening's game (relatively old news) AND that he may be placed on IR. Needless to say, it's a little weird.
Re: Favre inactive, maybe IR
December 13, 2010 05:43PM
Very sad! I had hopes of him beating NYG and then beating CHI next week, propelling GB into the playoffs to conclude his NFL career....
December 13, 2010 06:08PM
Talk about a win-win for Packers fans who still like Favre! But...wasn't to be.
December 13, 2010 06:38PM
Makes you wonder what will happen with the comissioner now. Whts th point of suspending a player who will not ever get back on the field?
December 13, 2010 07:20PM
He was never going to get suspended. WAY too much money is at stake with Favre's post playing broadcast career. He'll be a mainstay in the booth Im sure. He may say he has no interest but that man wont be able to stay away from football for very long and I don't think he's smart or patient enough to coach.

Anyway, it is sad to see his streak end; especially in purple. But this year has kinda gone that way for Brett. There's really no reason for him to play the game anymore so in a way, its kind of a blessing that we won't have to deal with another offseason of Favre drama. No way he comes back for another season playing for the rebuilding Vikings. I hope he takes the time to repair his marriage and work on being a better husband because I still truly like and respect Deanna.

Now that it's over, we can finally start a healing process. Seeing him in purple just made me furious...
December 14, 2010 12:20AM
I agree that he was never going to be suspended but not for the reasons you suggest. Even if he were suspended, it would not stand in the way of a broadcasting career.
December 14, 2010 07:35AM
I'm not so sure Brett can make it as a broadcaster. So very popular players don't do well like Montana. He's appropriately colorful, but that's talking about himself, which could get old quickly. I have no idea of how much spoon feeding Aikman is given, but he has seemed finally to graduate from grammar 101. Obviously there will be an interest in propping Brett up if he turns out to be deficient. Of course if he continues to be on the road, its got to bother Deanna. Remember Frank Gifford. A good question is whether he could show more restraint in real life as compared to his efforts on the field.
December 14, 2010 11:40AM
Favre will be a pre-game, studio guy, not a guy like Aikman who calls the games. He can tell jokes and be folksy and laugh along with his co-hosts. It will work.
December 14, 2010 01:42PM
Good point.

And fine with me. I already make a special effort to avoid these inane shows. Will Favre be able to out stupid Terry Bradshaw? He's got a definite shot. Even Inside the NFL has picked up this excessive jocularity (pun intended) and I can't watch that any more either. Jaworski is great when he's on the ESPN pregame show, but has to compete with the idiots in the broadcast.

Contrary to what's been said here, I find Belick quite good and manages to retain his dignity.
December 13, 2010 07:47PM
Entirely possible that the commissioner would have done nothing. Sounds like there is little to show that she complained of the attention and perhaps played along. Hostile work environment complaints require objection to behavior. Probably in a timely manner? I've yet to hear her say she objected to his piggish overtures. Perhaps she enjoyed the attention? According to her good friend, this woman has a collection of celebrity "texts".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2010 07:48PM by slank04.
December 14, 2010 07:23AM
What happened to your disdain for innuendo and gossip?
December 14, 2010 07:49AM
Brucest, her "good friend" is a reliable source. . .
December 14, 2010 05:05PM
We can only hope when he dies he'll be crypto-frozen so NFL fans can watch him play for 20 years in 2080.

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.” -Marcus Aurelius
December 14, 2010 09:22PM
nm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2010 09:24PM by slank04.
December 14, 2010 09:23PM
Hardly innuendo and gossip Brucest. It's widely reported. And her quote, ""She could make millions if she ever cashed in on all the naked photos she gets from friends," Torres said.'" is from her good friend's mouth, not mine. Other reports have her saying that she has similar sext messages from other celebrities, including celebrity athletes. No need to be such a smartass.

[msn.foxsports.com]

[www.nypost.com]

[profootballtalk.nbcsports.com]

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

But let me get this smear of innuendo and gossip straight. You have a better source of information than an eyewitness to the exchange who also happens to have material knowledge of Sterger's responses to the exchanges (which reveal nothing approaching objection), and you brush it aside as mere innuendo and gossip because it doesn't fit your Favre-hating agenda. If anybody has engaged in unfounded innuendo and gossip about this and other private matters relating to Favre, it's YOU. This is just another example of it.

In any case, nice job hijacking a thread about the greatest consecutive games streak ending -- especially because the player was a Packer for most of that career. Pathetic.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2010 09:36PM by slank04.